<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 10, 2005

I got them lip-synchin' blues 

So Britney Spears is suing some insurance companies who didn't pay her when she cancelled her Onyx Hotel tour last year. Seems Brit-Brit screwed her knee up and could no longer perform. Hm... seems to me that Britney could have just sung the songs with a knee brace on in a stationary position while her dancers danced behind her, except... oh, that's right... Britney lip-synchs live. At times poorly, I might add. I hope all those middle-aged parents who bought tickets for the Onyx Hotel shows that did happen are happy that they spent $50 for their daughters to watch an oversexed poor excuse for a role model shake her ass for an hour and a half to canned tracks. I can get that kind of entertainment for free at any college jazzercise class.
Speaking of lip-synching, I really, really hope that the audio and video were just off at the Super Bowl halftime show and Paul freakin' McCartney wasn't moving his mouth in time to a backing track. That would make me very, very sad.

Rotating Drummer Update: Apparently, 3 Doors Down's drummer has joined Nickleback, and Puddle of Mudd's drummer is joining 3 Doors Down, but only for the current tour, 3 Doors Down's singer says. Puddle of Mudd is just on "hiatus" right now. Can they stay on hiatus forever? Pretty please?

Guilty Pleasure of the Week: My Chemical Romance, "I'm Not OK (I Promise)" I just can't take their lead singer seriously; he looks like a cross between Edward Scissorhands and Billy Corgan with a Jack White wig. But bringing some theatricality to screamo is always welcome at my place.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?