<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

December 19: REM - Green 

Definitely one of my favorite REM albums, and I'm looking forward to the CD/DVD-audio reissue in February. This was the band's first with Warner Bros., and it's an odd mix of poppy songs such as those that were later on Out of Time, and rockers more like the rest of the band's late-80s output. Some of my favorite REM songs are on here, like "Orange Crush," "Pop Song '89," "Turn You Inside-Out" and "Get Up." And watch for the untitled song at the end, which features a drum pattern so off-beat that Pete Buck had to play it because Bill Berry was too rhythmic.
This album was the first time I became aware of REM, thanks to "Stand," which was the theme song to Get a Life. When I was in fifth grade, we listened to Bon Jovi, Weird Al, New Kids (not by choice), Tiffany, and "Stand." Still brings back the memories.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?