<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

December 18: Sponge - Rotting Pinata 

Great news (for me)! As devoted fans will remember, I couldn't find my copies of Sponge's first album and REM's Green. Well, while cleaning up a box, I found 'em.
And this album su-ucks. The production is absolutely terrible, except on the three singles, "Plowed," "Molly," and "Rainin'," which are great songs. And yet this sold scads of copies.
Sponge are largely forgotten now; I was telling my lady friend about standing in line early on a Saturday morning to get Sponge tickets at the Diamond Ballroom, and she had no idea who I was talking about, even after I made a fool of myself by singing most of "Plowed" and "Molly." Which either proves that Sponge are forgotten, or that I should never attempt karaoke.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?