<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

November 3: Splender - To Whom It May Concern 

When I popped this disc in, I was convinced it was a sure-thing sell. After all, it's Splender's second album, not even the one that had the hits on it back in the late '90s, and I only got it from BMG because it was buy one, get three free and there were only two I really wanted. But then I gave it a listen, and it's actually really good. Seriously. Check out "The Loneliest Person I Know" and "Save It For Later." New Wave crossed with power-pop crossed with a touch of hard-rock. I can almost forgive the bass player for having those bizarrely-tweezed eyebrows. Fellas, even if you're a rocker, you shouldn't attempt to give your eyebrows weird shapes. It just scares the rest of us.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?