<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 18, 2004

November 26: Cracker - The Golden Age 

This is one of the first CDs I ever bought, and I don't think I've listened to it even once since it came out in '96. Therefore, it's a keep-or-sell candidate, and a candidate for "disappointing follow-ups" week, since it came after the classic Kerosene Hat, featuring "Low," which still gets played on the radio.
This one's a little more country-rock than Kerosene Hat (which I don't own anymore for some long-forgotten reason). A couple of the up-tempo songs, like "I Hate My Generation" and "Sweet Thistle Pie" (featuring Joan Osborne on background vocals), are pretty good, but for the most part, this didn't age well. It sounds a bit like proto-red dirt if you're into Cross Canadian Ragweed, but otherwise, I can't recommend it. Therefore, I'm going to sell it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?