<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 18, 2004

November 25: Live - Birds of Pray 

Inexplicably, after the dungfest that was V, I came back to Live and bought Birds of Pray. Live love me, you know. They might kill me one day, but they love me.
This one seems to be a rehash of The Distance to Here, with a fish theme on the artwork and lots of uplifting songs (and absolutely no rapping, which is good).
The first two-thirds of the album are waaaay too bombastic, though; it seems at times like Live is trying to bludgeon us to death with the mighty rock force of their love for all mankind. But then towards the end, on "River Town" and "What Are We Fighting For?" they start to sound just a touch like good, mid-'90s Live. So I might keep this one. Check back with me at the end of the month.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?