<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 17, 2004

November 18: Josh Joplin Group - Useful Music 

Sometimes another person's opinion of something you love can ruin it for you forever. Case in point: this album. I was crazy into the song "Camera One" off this, and played it for the 12 Pearls guys on a road trip one time. Their reaction? "Eh. Sounds like the Wallflowers." I was crushed, and haven't listened to this much since.
So it was a keep-or-sell candidate, but you know what? I can't get rid of this album. It's too kick-ass. And "Camera One" is one of my top 10 songs. So there.
Check it out sometime. Apparently the Josh Joplin Group broke up (probably due to poor sales), but I bet Josh Joplin is still making music. I hope he makes more.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?