<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 11, 2004

October 21: Dishwalla - Pet Your Friends 

Yes, not only do I own this, but I own an autographed copy of this album. I am that cool. Dishwalla got a lot of flack for that "Counting Blue Cars" song, the one that speculated that God was a woman. When I first got to Tulane in the fall of '96, there were flyers around campus for the campus radio station that said something like "down with the Dishwallas and Everclears of the world! Listen to good music! WTUL 91.3 FM"
The trouble with me was, I thought Dishwalla was good music. Shows what I knew. The funny thing about this album is that most of the songs are pretty hard except for "Counting Blue Cars," which is probably why they're now thought of as one-hit wonders.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?