<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 25, 2004

October 12: Better than Ezra - Live at House of Blues New Orleans 

As I've said, REM are my favorite band, but Better than Ezra are firmly in second place. I've seen them somewhere between 10 and 15 times (I lost count), everywhere from an arena to a tiny, hole-in-the-wall club when they performed under the secret name of Manwich.
It's probably sacreligious to say so, but to me, Better than Ezra are the sound of New Orleans. So this live album was right up my alley, and it doesn't disappoint. They get in all the hits, from "Good" to "At the Stars," and throw in some of the better album tracks, like "Live Again." The only mild complaint I have is the two bonus studio tracks tacked on the album at the end. "Cold Year" is a little too "retro-90s" for my tastes, and "Stall" sounds a bit too much like Cake.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?