<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 16, 2004

August 4: Live - Throwing Copper 

I find it hard to be objective about Live, mostly because each successive album after Throwing Copper has been crappier and crappier, and I was dumb enough to keep buying them (though Matt will tell you Secret Samadhit is highly under-rated). Does anybody else remember that Live was Rolling Stone's band of the year in 1995? No, really. I found my copy the other day in a box. This album was deservedly huge, though I'm still not a fan of "I Alone." And I completely forgot about "Pillar of Davidson," the next-to-last song, which is simply awesome.
It sucks that Live wasn't able to meet expectations, and the last time I saw their name mentioned in a magazine, it was because they were being blamed for the rise of Creed. They are apparently still huge in Holland, according to my Dutch buddy Neils.

p.s. Does anyone know why this album has a dark red case? I've never been able to figure that out. It makes it almost impossible to read the track listing, or to see the cool painting on the cover.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?