<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 09, 2004

July 5: Upside and the Feds - High Heels and Hand Grenades 

I'm a little confused at the title of this one. Hand Grenades from the Feds makes sense, but High Heels from Upside? Are they saying Upside is chick-rock? 'Cause that's not accurate.
Anyway, I just got this in the mail and thought I'd pop it in. As many of you know, we've done several shows with both Upside and the Feds (most recently in Guthrie in April), and each band contributes four songs here. Upside's are pretty good, but the best one is "The Way I Dream," which is a re-recorded version of a song from their second album. I wasn't a huge fan of the Feds' four songs, and I still think they haven't been captured on an album as good as they sound live.

I do have to give extra points for the pale pink album cover... this one shouldn't be hard to find in the album stack.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?