<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

July 21: Hometown Hero - (self-titled) 

So I was playing this new MVP baseball game for the Playstation, and up pops the new song from Hometown Hero. It got me thinking about this CD, which I bought two years ago on a whim while on a 12p tour stop in scenic Lawton, OK. I only remember exactly where I bought it because on the way to the show, we listened to the drum kick-in on "Eighteen," which seriously sounds like a crippled man falling down the stairs slowly, and laughed our collective a$$e$ off. (see the 12p diary for more)
Hometown Hero are one of those post-Weezer bands signed after Weezer's big green album comeback. And that means they sound a whole lot like Weezer. A slightly more screamo, distorted Weezer, but Weezer nonetheless. Not that that's a bad thing.

But I still might sell this.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?