<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

July 14: Adam Sandler - Shhh...Don't Tell 

Thanks, Hastings, for your 3-for-1 trade policy on used CDs! I used three castoffs from June to buy the new Sandler CD.

Now, let me tell you about my history with Sandler. His first two CDs came out when I was in high school, and we loved them. The first one got passed from Walkman to Walkman on band trips, and the second, too. Then his third album was all songs, and none of them were very good. The fourth album wasn't that hot, either. Both came out when I was in college, and I thought maybe I'd outgrown Adam Sandler.

Then, I read on mtv.com that this is Adam's filthiest album ever. That's right, Sandler is back to working blue, and that's good, because he's not that funny a guy. He has to get dirty to get funny. And this album is funny. It's not hilarious all the way through, but it's pretty damn funny, if you don't mind a healthy dose of homophobia and misogyny. I highly recommend "Gay Robot."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?