<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 07, 2004

June 5: The Cardigans - Long Gone Before Daylight 

You remember the Cardigans, right? "Lovefool"? 1998, anybody? Personally, I liked their follow-up, where they tried to rock a little bit (remember "My Favorite Game" or "Erase/Rewind"?). Then they took five years off, and I was browsing the Virgin Megastore in the French Quarter and stumbled upon a listening post for this album, put on the headphones, and lo and behold, it grabbed me. Everything is slow and understated, but "Communication" has to be one of the most gorgeous songs (and there's really no other word to describe it but gorgeous) I've heard in the last few years. This is a great post-party, chill-out sort of record, the kind you listen to at 3 a.m. when you can't sleep.
There are a couple of problems with English-as-a-second-language lyrics (they are Swedish, you know), but still, highly recommended.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?