<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 28, 2004

June 28: Sugar - File Under Easy Listening 

Why do I own this? Not sure... the back of the CD shows it's from BMG, so I probably ordered it from there?

Sugar was Bob Mould's band in the early '90s. Bob Mould, of course, used to be lead singer of Husker Du, who, along with the Minutemen, the Replacements and R.E.M., basically created alternative rock. No Husker Du, no Pixies. No Pixies, no Nirvana, etc. etc. This CD (from 1994) has got two really great songs, "Your Favorite Thing" and "Believe What You're Saying," both of which used to get played all the time on the old SPI, and one decent song, "What You Want It To Be." The rest of it is pretty generic grunge-lite, and the vocals are way too buried in the mix. Actually, Mould's voice has a weird drone-like quality to it, so perhaps he wants his voice lower than the guitars.

Keep or Sell? Hm... this is a pretty gray CD. I don't really think I would ever listen to it much if I kept it, so I'm going to burn the two hits and sell.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?