<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

June 22: John Mayer - Room for Squares 

Why do I own this? Come on... everyone you know between the ages of 18 and 25 owns this.

A few months ago on this site, I called John Mayer a "no-talent ass clown." Listening to his debut CD again, I realize that's a little harsh. Is he boring? Yes. Does he aspire to nothing more than to be a James Taylor for the 21st century? Yes. Is this album going to help you get laid? Well, it'll probably help John Mayer, but not me as much. Is he inexplicably popular in the hip-hop community? Yes. Does he have talent? Some. But I'm lucky I wasn't driving when I listened to this, or I might have fallen asleep at the wheel.

Keep or Sell? Sell. Yawn...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?