<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 18, 2004

June 15: Fuel - Something Like Human 

Why do I own this? I can't pretend to be embarrassed about this one; I bought it fair and square and liked it when it came out nearly four years ago.
In fact, I even went to see Fuel with Weezer and the Cult at Edgefest in Tulsa in '01. I think my personal backlash came when I heard them do an acoustic version of "Daniel" by Elton John on a radio show, and just butcher it.
Listening to this again, the singles are still good: "Hemorrhage (in my hands)", "Bad Day," "Last Time." The rest of the songs are pretty generic; in fact, some of them could have been on the Hoobastank album and I wouldn't have noticed. Brett Scallions, the lead singer, appears to be on a personal mission to develop open sores on his vocal cords, even on the ballads. So, about half of this album is decent, but I hadn't listened to it in about three years... will I ever pick it up again?

Keep or Sell? I'm on the fence. I think I'm going to wait until the end of the month to decide.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?