<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 17, 2004

June 12: Pete Yorn - Day I Forgot 

Why do I own this? Yorn's first album still lives in my CD player, and I bought this one, the follow-up, the day it came out.

Unfortunately, there's not a single song on this album that's as good as the songs on Musicforthemorningafter. "Come Back Home" and "Crystal Village" could have fit on there, but I don't think they would have been singles. Instead, they were the two singles on this album. And they're pretty good songs. And the closer, "So Much Work," is decent, though it sounds like a B-side from the first album. The rest is unfocused, self-indulgent crap. Like "Burrito," where he uses a 7-11 burrito as some sort of metaphor. For what, I don't know.

Keep or Sell? Rip "Come Back Home" and "Crystal Village," and sell, with two fingers crossed that Yorn's next album will be better than this mess.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?