<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 11, 2004

June 11: Harvey Danger - King James Version 

Why do I own this? Honestly, no idea. I think I got it from BMG in one of those "buy this album and get three more for 1ยข" things.

Harvey Danger had two real hits ("Flagpole Sitta" and a remake of "Save It For Later") and neither of them are on here. I would have to say problem No. 1 for these guys is that their singer doesn't sing so much as he sneers the lyrics. And the lyrics are very stream-of-consciousness, which works for Eddie Vedder and Michael Stipe, though it should be noted that they actually sing. There are a couple of flashes of adequacy, but for the most part this thing sucks with a capital S.

Keep or Sell? Sell, with a capital S. Though I bet all the stores are going to reject this one.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?