<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 04, 2004

Andrew's May Summary, or Hot Topic's Greatest Hits 

May 1: Green Day - Dookie
May 2: Green Day - Insomniac
May 3: Blink-182 - Enema of the State
May 4: Blink-182 - Take off your pants and jacket 
May 5: Various Artists - Rock Against Bush, Vol. 1
May 6: Social Distortion - White Light, White Heat, White Trash
May 7: Sugarcult - Start Static 
May 8: Bowling for Soup - Let's Do It for Johnny!!
May 9: Bowling for Soup - Drunk Enough to Dance
May 10: Midtown - living well is the best revenge 
May 11: NOFX - Punk in Drublic 
May 12: Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Ska-Core, the Devil and More 
May 13: Falcon Five-O - The Manual for Hard Living 
May 14: Dum Dums - it goes without saying 
May 15: A - Monkey Kong
May 16: A - Hi-Fi Serious
May 17: The Presidents of the United States of America - (self-titled)
May 18: Bad Religion - Recipe for Hate
May 19: Bad Religion - Stranger than Fiction
May 20: Offspring - Smash
May 21: The Offspring - Ixnay on the Hombre
May 22: The Offspring - Americana
May 23: No Use for a Name - More Betterness
May 24: Bad Religion - The Grey Race
May 25: Bad Religion - The New America
May 26: Collider - WCYF
May 27: Anchondo - Rookies of the Year
May 28: Various Artists - Suckapunch Records: Hit 'Em Where it Counts
May 29: Various Artists - Atticus … dragging the lake. II 
May 30: The Replacements - Let it Be 
May 31: Electric Six - Fire 

Best album: (tie) Electric Six and Sugarcult
Worst album: Bad Religion - The Gray Race

Things to ponder about my May selection:
1) Why did they call themselves "Offspring" on the first album, then switch to "The Offspring" after that?
2) Are the Presidents, the Replacements and Falcon Five-O really punk?
3) Who the hell has my copy of Green Day's Nimrod? Seriously, if you have it, would you return it to me?
4) How could I do a punk month without the Sex Pistols, Black Flag, the Clash, or the Buzzcocks?

I've got to get through some recent purchases, then I'm doing something a little different for the rest of June. I've pulled out a selection of "what-the-hell?" discs. These are albums that I can't believe I actually own. After I listen to 'em, they're going to either get a "keep" or a "sell." Then at the end of June, I'm making a pilgrimage to Waterloo to trade in some CDs. If you'd like to join me, drop me an e-mail. We'll carpool.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?