<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

May 5: Various Artists - Rock Against Bush, Vol. 1 

I do have an ulterior motive for doing punk month; I'm in grad school and have a lot of research papers due this month, and loud, fast music keeps me awake. Which is a good thing.
I picked this up with Matt in Dallas before the Sugarcult show, and bought it for two reasons: a) it's got new songs from the Get Up Kids and Offspring, and b) all proceeds go towards punkvoter.com, which is working towards registering lots of youth to vote and get Bush out of office (and if you've seen the news in the last two months, you know Bush has got to go).
Like any sampler, this one's got its highs and lows. I liked the Get Up Kids song a great deal, and I was surprised how much I liked the Descendents tune and Alkaline Trio. I thought the Ataris song was really weak; it's just the lead singer with an acoustic guitar, and it sounds like it was recorded into a pair of old headphones.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?