<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 22, 2004

April 21: Everclear - Sparkle and Fade 

Ah... second-generation grunge. I believe you're most shaped by the music you listened to in high school, in which case Green Day, Soundgarden and Everclear (and, sadly, Bush) had a lot more impact on me than Pearl Jam or Nirvana ever did.
Funny story... Kit and I were in a band together in high school, and we used to do a cover of "Santa Monica" that Kit did vocals on. One time, at a show at the Freightliner in Guthrie, I started the song like normal, and when it came time for the opening line, "I am still living with your ghost," Kit just froze. We had to start the song all over. It was hilarious. For me, anyway. Not so much for Kit.
This album has a lot of flaws; Everclear's next one, So Much for the Afterglow, is better. But "Heartspark Dollarsign" is the best song about inter-racial love ever. I defy you to name a better one.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?