<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

April 15: Pearl Jam - Ten 

Had to get back to a little more grunge this month. Actually, since it's Tax Day, I should have listened to some Radiohead ("2+2=5") or something like that. But hey, this album is Ten, so that counts, right?
Pearl Jam was the soundtrack to junior high for me, both Ten and Vs. If you were cool in junior high, you listened to Pearl Jam, and you owned the black stick-figure T-shirt (you know the one I'm talking about). Me, I was a dork, and spent all of junior high listening to REM's Automatic for the People. But I owned a copy of Ten. You had to. They practically gave it out in cereal boxes.
I had probably not listened to this album in close to 10 years when I popped it in today. And it's still pretty good. But it doesn't sound current like Nevermind does; it sounds more nostalgic, and a lot closer to Aerosmith than I remember.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?