<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

April 13: Sugarcult - Palm Trees and Power Lines 

Sugarcult's first album, Start Static, was one of those that just grows and grows on you, and I really became a fan of the band when Matt and I saw them in Tulsa two Septembers ago. So I was pretty pumped when I heard the first single, "Memory," off this album, and went out and got it the day it came out.
First impression? Not as good as Start Static. "Memory" is a great song, and so is "She's the Blade." But top to bottom, I don't think it's as strong. That's the way most second albums are, though, and this one's not as disappointing as, say, Pete Yorn's second album. Sugarcult's going to be in Dallas April 28. Matt and I are going. You should come, too.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?