<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 04, 2004

April 1: The Redbud Revival - Sweet Cavendish 

So after I listened to Fixture back in January, I get an e-mail out of the blue from their old bass player Luke Dick. Luke, being the nice guy that he is, offered me a comp. copy of his new band's new CD, and me, being the nice guy that I am, took him up on it.
And boy, does it not sound like Fixture. It's about a 120-degree turn for Luke and Tyson (Fixture's old drummer). Redbud Revival is old-fashioned blue-collar roots-rock, like Creedence or Tom Petty or Bob Seger. But it's done very well; I particularly like Luke's lyrics. I think my favorite is "Talk the Night Away." There's nothing on here that's going to get heavy rotation on KJ-103, but that's OK. This CD is a labor of love, and it shows. I believe it's available at your friendly neighborhood CD shop if you're in Oklahoma City or from redbudrevival.com if you're not.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?