<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 11, 2004

March 9: The Scorpions - Crazy World 

Home country - Germany

OK, so I have a closet affection for German hair metal. So sue me. I've owned this album since junior high, and it's somehow survived through high school, college, post-college, three or four moves, and about 12 years. It resides in a case that's mostly broken and has some rather odd (and sticky) stains. But it's the only album I have by a band from Germany (sorry kids, no Guano Apes or Rammstein in my collection) and it contains "Winds of Change," their classic song about the reunification of the German people.
On a sidenote, top songs about the Cold War ending? Scorpions, "Winds of Change." Jesus Jones, "Right Here Right Now." And that's it. That's all the list you need.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?