<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 20, 2004

March 20: Robbie Williams - The Ego Has Landed 

Home country: England

Robbie Williams doesn't translate well. Maybe that's because his songs feature lines such as "My breath smells like a thousand fags." Totally different meaning in the UK from the US, you know? This is his first US release, which is a compilation of the best songs from his first two UK CDs. And it's good. Any CD with the line "Every morning, when I wake up/ I look like KISS, but without the makeup" is a good CD. Also features "Angels," which has been permanently bored into my memory because crowds of drunken Englishmen (and women) used to sing it every night as they wandered past my dorm room window on their way home from the bars.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?