<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

February 22: Superdrag - Head Trip in Every Key 

Wow... I really should have done a theme week of "one-hit-wonder bands whose second CD was better than their first," because this would have been top of the list, next to Radiohead's The Bends. I am not kidding when I say this is an absolute fugging masterpiece of a record. It takes the fuzzy power-pop sound that Weezer made popular on the Blue Album and stretches it to its logical highpoint. It's like the Sgt. Pepper's of post-Weezer albums, a Pet Sounds for the late '90s, a phenomenal record from first song to last. And nobody noticed.

I got to see Superdrag at the Green Door in OKC about a year ago, and I'm really glad I did, because they broke up about three months later (sorry, went on "indefinite hiatus.") If all you've ever heard of this band is that "who sucked out the feeling" song, go buy this CD RIGHT NOW. I believe Matt agrees with me on this point.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?