<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 20, 2004

February 19: the JFJ Band - The Apartment 

12p played with the JFJ band in Galveston last year at this cool club a block from the beach; they're from San Antonio, but have since moved to Dallas. Circumstances beyond my control steered me off my "underappreciated bands" theme week, so I'm trying to steer back with this one.
I believe this is only available in stores in south Texas, but if you can find a copy, pick one up, it's really good; Jimmy Eat World crossed with the Wallflowers is about right, or Get-Up Kids meet Bruce Springsteen. Something like that. Bob Seger and Blink-182 get in a fight over the last Weezer album at Target, and make up by forming a Kinks cover band. Now that's what it really sounds like. OK, not really, but that's a great description, right?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?