<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 02, 2004

February 1: Guster - Keep it Together 

In honor of the Patriots / Panthers Super Bowl, I listened to a New England band today, Guster, of Boston. (I couldn't find any Carolina bands, although I'm pretty sure I've got a Connells CD somewhere)
I really like Guster; I think they've got better melodies than just about anybody out there today. It sucks that they have to open up for an ass clown like John Mayer to get anybody to go see them, but that's the reality of the music business in the 21st century.
Guster is one of those organic bands, but not in a Phish way; you have to know somebody who likes them in order to get into them. I dated a girl in college who was a Guster rep, which is sort of like Amway, I think; she got me into them, and then gave Guster mixtapes to my brother and sister at Thanksgiving (they're now monster Guster fans who got other people into the band, etc. etc.)
Anyway, this is a really good CD, and it shows that they're branching out, with bass and playing drums with sticks and everything... see, Matt? Their drummer uses sticks now. You CAN like Guster!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?