<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 22, 2004

January 20: Fixture - ((audio)) 

I still can't figure out why Fixture weren't international rock superstars. They were easily one of the best bands I've ever seen live, period. I first ran into them in the summer of '96 at Red Rock Music Festival in Guthrie (where a pre-12 Pearls band featuring Kit and Jordan also played). This album came out on One Ton Records in 2000, and it was awesome. Still is. But they broke up about six months after this came out, and One Ton went under pretty soon after that. I believe Luke and Tyson from Fixture are in a new band called Redbud Revival, which is supposed to have a CD coming out pretty soon.
Seriously, if you like stuff like Perfect Circle or Chevelle (not that I do), and you ever run into a Fixture CD somewhere, buy it. It's good.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?