<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 01, 2004

January 1: Belly - King 

Alas, my listening choices aren't going to have the same rhyme or reason as Matt's are. I thought about organizing everything thematically like John Cusack's character in High Fidelity, but I was just too lazy for that sort of project (my CD collection is in a large CD case, and a paper sack next to it, and a bookshelf sort of near that, and a plastic storage case across the room, and a couple of stacks under my bed, and a loose heap in the passenger seat of my car, etc. etc.)

So my first listen was an album I popped in while I was driving around helping my sister move today. Belly was (and still is) my favorite female-fronted band. This is their second album, from 1995, and they broke up after sales didn't meet their expectations for it. The old SPI in Stillwater used to play "Super-Connected," "Now They'll Sleep" and "Judas My Heart" in heavy rotation the entire summer and fall of '95, and this is still a great album. I'd love to talk 12 Pearls into covering "Super-Connected," but I bet they wouldn't do it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?